Unfortunately, some changes will have to take place this summer in order to make sure everyone is safe and we comply to all the state standards. Below is a list of many of those changes, though we reserve the right to make further changes as we see fit.
- We will not be utilizing any bus or van travel this summer. This means that all drop off and pick up will be at Camp Tipton. We will also not be taking field trips. While we understand the kids look forward to the field trips, we think for everyone's safety it would be best not to have them. We are coming up with plans for field trip alternatives here on campus.
- For the foreseeable future, we will need to limit our number of campers to 24. We will break the campers into groups of eight by age, and they will be paired with two counselors, for a total of ten people per group. These groups will never interact with one another. We must do this to comply with state standards. If you have siblings coming that want to be in the same group and are close in age, we will try to accommodate this request.
- All campers will have their temperatures checked when they arrive at Camp and be questioned regarding possible symptoms. If your child is feeling in any way ill, please do not bring them to Camp. If your child has a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater or is displaying any symptoms, you will be called to come pick them up.
- In between each activity, all surfaces used will be cleaned and each child and staff member will wash hands or use hand sanitizer.
- We will be limiting person to person touch, such as not playing games like tag, etc.
- Middle School Adventure Camps that take place off campus (Trekking, Rock Climbing, and Kayak) will no longer be available. Those weeks will now be open to a limited number of service campers.